Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoNeed

Errors (Again)!!!!!!!

I posted this one further down, but didn't get much joy

It concerns these bloody "Sonar has generated errors and will be closed down by windows" messages I get when using Cakewalk Sonar!!!!

This is really p*ssing me offmad, I have all the latest updates (Win2K 2195, SP2, Sonar 1.3 update reliesed just 2 days ago!!!!)

It just does it for no reason "WHAT-SO-EVER"......Just opening a mixer window can cause it, or clicking on the volume slider......ANYTHING!!!!!

It really makes me mad......this Bastard message just springs up from nowhere, and I loose all my unsaved work!!!!.

If this carry's on, I will be forced back to bloody 98SE :(, Thing is, Sonar was developed to run best under Win2K, and it's slugish under Win98.

Don't get me wrong, I love Win2K.....it hasn't crashed once in the three months I've had it (No blue screens)......Just these bloody Sonar crashes.

It's a *Fresh* installation of Win2K and the only apps I've installed are: Cakewalk Sonar and Sound Forge 5.0 (Which *NEVER* crashes!!!!)

My specs are:

Athlon 850mhz

Asus A7PRO MoBo

256MB Ram

SBLive 1024 Soundcard

Win2K 2195 Service Pack 2

Can anyone give me a clue as to why this is happening?????

I will reward anyone who can help with a big, fat THANKS.......And please don't tell me i'm stuck with the problem.....It could well send me over the edge!

Thanks

frown

Try *****ing at the Cakewalk support hotline smile Or try to update your soundcard drivers while waiting on hold...

Did you check your system and application error logs (in the event viewer) to see what kind of information they contain about this problem? The error messages there probably name the culprit. Windows 2000 has excellent diagnostic capabilities built into it. You should make use of them to try for a cure before throwing in the towel and going back to Windows 98.

- Collin