Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wakane

(winXP) How to put built-in 'Administrator' account in the n

Hi!

As the subject says, how do I put the built-in 'Administrator' account on the welcome screen?

Appreciate all helps.

Rename it to something besides "Administrator" - this should be done anyway, and doing so will put it on the welcome screen

Or, you could also make a new account with admin privileges

The only way to get the built in administrator account to show up is to get tweakUI XP. And there will be a setting in there for 'Show Administrator on Welcome Screen' check that hit save and your all set. You can get the XP PowerToys at www.neowin.net or http://peppyxp.cjb.net or wait till the 25th for the real ones to come out.

Guys,

what is the use of using a personal account?

I mean, I used an automated installation and the only account i use is 'administrator'.

it works perfectly. nothing wrong

I did not have to make any garbage accounts.

ARC

Using the built-in Administrator account is a bad idea. If you corrupt the profile you're screwed. You chances of recovery if the only account you have is Administrator, and it gets nuked, are very poor. Also, as it is integrated into the OS, there are certain system operations that only it can perform.

Well,

I had been using Windows 2000 since Dec 99 - Aug 01 without reinstallation of any problem of any kind. Pure Stalbility + performance. It was using the Admin account and at no point did it give me any trouble.

I can explain how happy I was to get rid of Windows 98 and loved what Microsoft produced, an Excellent OS.

Now I hope my XPerience continues the same. Never Seen an account get corrupt.

ARC

I've seen an account go corrupt. It doesn't happen very often, but it can happen and the only solution is to log in with another account with admin priviledges.

The question is: why are you so desparate to use the "Administrator" account. It's not hard, it's much safer and makes networking much easier if you create yourself a new account with admin priveledges. I don't understand why you are reluctant to do this.

My windows 2000 professional corrupt administrator account and i never login again in window 2000 frown

Windows login and return to logon screem... Very crazy...confused

Like we said. It can happen, and if you don't have a backup administrator account, it sucks.

You could sort it out by installing the hard drive in another computer, or maybe by using the recovery console...

I agree about not using administrator account. And besides, when entering safemode, you can access the Admin from there (For use if somethings gone wrong)