Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Best CD-R Program for Win2000

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I've been using some CD-R software lately and I can't STAND CDRWIN, it's junk. It burns CDs fine except the fact that the data is not readable, Nero is king for me, and now that I found BINCHUNKER I can convert to ISO from BIN. I am happy.

You forgot one. Fireburner. If you wanna burn an iso or bin-cue perfectly everytime then use fireburner. You can build iso's with the filesystem builder also. All burner programs do this except they try to automate it for you. I have zero coasters. For ripping iso's I like blindread.. btw if your trying to burn dreamcast games that are in bin-cue format you need to convert them to diskjuggler format or it will appear to be unreadable and unbootable. There is a nifty little program called bin2boot that does this. google.com wink

Also another thing I would like to mention is that all results of programs vary depending on your cdwriter. Discjuggler may work good on one writer but differently on another. Actually since most rely on the aspi layer I guess that would be a huge factor too. If everyone had the same cdwriter I would imagine the cdwriting software would be perfect by now.

I gave Fireburner a whirl, but didn't like it, but yes I did drop it off the list. Most of the files, were given to me in BIN/CUE format and CDRWIN must hate my Mitsumi burner and my friends Yamaha but my other friend's Panasonic works fine with it.

Nero/CloneCD are most used here.

EZ CD Creator if it's the only CDR program installed on the computer that I happen to use.

Also nero/clonecd here.

Although i've heard some good comments about Easy CD Creator which i havn't tried.

For what I need, EZ CD Kreator works fine. Nero had a bit complex interface for me, and was frustrating to work with. I do data backups and the occasional muzak CD, so I can't really say anything about the BIN files. ISO's aren't a problem at all.

EZ CD works best on older slower recorders and has loads of bugs in the SW.

Last time I tried using it for some weird reaoson even i do not remember. It took about 800MB of Memory and managed to crash the system while terminating the app. And that was iso creation smile

Nero is the Top one mate if only they stop releasing new versions and decide on one. Not that i am complaining but there seems to be a new one every week I am getting pissed of now.

But for the CD RW i think direct-cd is still the best, I personally do not use RW that often for bugs in direct CD to bother me too much but it is your machine, your choice in the end.

i use the combination of Nero/CloneCD.

Originally i used EZY CD Creator, but it was hopeless, not anywhere as good as Nero. Nero wins hands down.

btw. has anyone used NeroMIX?

I do use it to listen to music....

It came with the last yamaha recorder and i said what the hell.

It is a bit weird and slow to start but sound seems oK.

oH AND 36X RIPPING smile

Why is there an option for "I use WInXP's built-in stuff" in a CDR Software poll for Windows 2000 ? smile

I use EZ cd Creator and never had a coaster with it.

Really good and straightforward UI.

I do simple stuff, back-ups, archives and the like with the PC.

For serious music stuff I use a stand-alone Philips CDRW deck.

Slightly off-topic but for those of you guys who own a deck, the following trick may be helpful.

Normally, the deck will only take recordable audio cds which are more expensive and protected (the deck reads and checks a special track on the audio cd before setting itself ready for recording).

There is a very simple trick to have it take data cd-roms:

- insert a blank audio cd (you need only one as the same can be used thousands of times!)

- let the deck search for proper format, do its stuff until it is happy and set itself ready for recording

- gently force open the tray with one of your fingers nails. The tray will come and open itself without protesting (effortless on my deck)

- put a data cd-rom and push the tray a little bit, it will close itself and take the data disk thinking it is an audio disk wink

- record and enjoy laugh

Why would you buy or wanna use a deck when you have a Recorder? Don't tell me it is quality, this is digital data we are talking about. one set of 1's and 0's is the same as any other.

BTW Good Point Palo, However there is only one person as you can see.

Sorry, all zeros and ones are not born equal, even in the digital world.

Background noise, quantization errors, missing data can also be translated into apparently clean digital stream (ecc mechanisms are there for this purpose).

Shitty consumer sound cards, low-grade power supplies, super simple a/d and d/a converters, phase-jitter produced by mass-produced cd burners because of cheap electro-mechanical engineering, noisy effect processors, the list is as long as you want.

Have a look at a recording studio and see what kind of equipment they use.

Well you've got a point...

I don't record much music. i have an MD so music is usualy optical link netween stereo and MD.

I was thinking about cd-cd copy's...

I sometimes forget, not everybody has extreme HW.

I never saw an example of too crappy sound card but i am sure it is there.

Oh BTW there is no A/D conversion involved. smile i am presuming everybody can rip digital audio nowadays.

Please let me have at least this!

I forgot to mention I am actually tone deaf!

So it won't make any difference for me under any circumstance smile

Some say it must have happened when i was singing in the bath or something as a child:p

OK, you have got the point re the a/d thing for cd to cd and cd to minidisk that can be done all digital (well maybe not so obvious as far as minidisks are concerned because of the huge compression applied to the signal).

One exception (a big one) though is when you want to copy and clean old invaluable vinyl disks to save the content and the media.

Another exception would be when you want to record live music.

Well, anyway, I too cannot tell much the difference with my ears because of too many years of guitar playing at badly pumped up volume laugh

true again!

I have nothing more to say.

a musician friend of mine asks me how i can stand to MD and that the sound is crap. I can't tell.

not me man, i have a golden ear, if someone burns a cd with mp3's decoded to wav's, i can tell the bitrate just by listening to it, if its over 192kbps though i have a hard time, but 96-192kbps i can tell a huge difference, i know i'm not the only person.

Hey maybe I do have sense of tone.

I prefer 192 bps mp3's as well.

and I can tell the difference if lower bps. smile

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!:D

**Runs out to street jumping and kissing everybody**