Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shinboy

XP + Ati Radeon= slow

Is it me or do anyone have the same problem games running on the ati radeon ddr vivo seems to be a lot slower than running on win2k. I thought XP should improve or gaming experience I guess it's a lie.

Does anyone figure how improve frame rates in xp using the new ati XP drviers?

Its all in the drivers. OpenGL games can be faster in XP with my geforce 2 at least, but Direct 3D is a little slower.

In your case its the drivers that hold you back. Wait for new (which may never come since ATi obviously is working hard on the Radeon 8500 drivers) or ditch your card and get a 8500 (still buggy drivers so bevare) or a geforce 3 ti 200/500

I'd lean toward getting a GeForce. ATI is pathetic in the driver department, and end up killing their products, and why I'm refusing to buy ATI again until they get driver development down pat.

I actually bought a Geforce2 to replace my Radeon because of poor XP performance. Sure, it's a new OS, and ATI -might- produce some excellent XP drivers in the future, but given their track record with 2000, I don't see that happening.

Too bad the DetonatorXP drivers have graphics glitches (FF8), but 14.10 works fine for me now, so I am happy.