Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mstevens

MS SMS 1.2 and W2k

I have a loaded W2k Prof on my laptop and now I can not get my SMS version 1.2 to remote control any client PC's we have. When I try and use Remote Control it shutdown SMS application. Any ideas?

I use SMS 2.0 myself, but let's see if we can throw you a line here. What SP of SMS and Win2K are you running? Does the client function properly in all other respects (inventory, pushes, etc)?

Here are a couple of sites that I go to for SMS info:

www.swynk.com

www.myitforum.com

Both have some pretty good tips and articles, and some nice scripts/PDF files as well.

We're using SMS version 1.2 and its at Service pack4 I think? My W2k client is at service pack 2. The other SMS options seem to work OK its just Remote control that crashes. I will have a look at those 2 sites you said and see if I can find anything.

Here's a little bit of an update: Over here, you can find some info that shows the extent of Win2K support in SMS 1.2. It does make several references to components that don't work properly without a post SMS 1.2 SP4 update. You might want to check this out.

Actually, there seems to be a specific issue with Windows 2000 and SMS 1.2 which might be affecting him. But thanks for the info.