Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shinji3c

unattended install

hello all

I'm trying to do unattended installation. I didn't have problem doing it off the CD but i am having problem doing it over the network. I have a server that has the distribution share and my other PC connects to it and i ran \\my2000\2000\winnt.exe /unattend:\\my2000\2000\winnt.sif

(my2000 is my server and 2000 is the share) and successfully copies and restarts..but when i get to the blue screen installation mode, it prompts to insert the CD. i mean is it supposed to be like that or am i missing something? i can't figure out even after 5 or 6 times or trial...if i have to put the CD in then what's the point of doing it over the network? i mean i could just put the CD in the first place and would have no problem...am i missing some switch that i have to run winnt32 with? i tried the /s switch as well but it still asked for the CD .....anybody please help!!! anything would be much appreciated. Thanks

um...i know and i tried what the messages were saying already...but it still asks for the CD....pulling my hairs out like crazy man...

when i come back to windows and see inside the drive and i see the temporary file there in the drive which it should have read from instead of cd but i don't know why it's asking for the cd at all. not at all man....