Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mmz114

Internet Explorer Crashes every time in XP

I got windows XP preinstalled from DELL when i got my new computer. Since then, its been hell trying to live with XP. I have had some serious issues with games and hardware. But this one tops the list of microsoft screwups. I can't even get Internet Explorer 6 to work correctly. I tried to reinstall IE6 but it won't let me saying there is a newer version. I have reinstalled windows XP and still get the same problem. Its so bad that I have downloaded Netscape Navigator 6.2 and it works fine. Anyone here knows how to either fix IE6 or permanently remove it.

Thanks. Below is the error message i get when IE6 crashes. And believe me, it crashes every 5 seconds.

---------------------------

iexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x10003623" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

OK

Well, there's no point in barking at you for buying from Dell, cos the fact is already consumed...I hope you learn from it.

How about you demand from Dell the support that you deserve?

You are right. But I already bought the system. Now can anyone help me out with this? I doubt that this is a Dell problem. This seems more like a Windows XP problem. Being that I am not likely to get any support from Microsoft, I am here at the forums to get help from all of you. So please feel free to help me out.

Man, I don't know what the hell kinda components tey build into Dell nowadays. Post your 'puter specs first of all, with all driver versions...

And I suggested you bark at Dell $upport not at Microsoft's smile They shoved a support deal down your throat, did they not?

Bummer, all of our workstations (and 3 laptops) at my office are Dells and we don't have any issues with them. However, I format the systems and perform fresh installs when they come in.

Have you tried running Windows Update for any patches? What other programs do you have running in the background? Have you looked for updated drivers for your components?

DELL support is great in the states also

(although i don't think that they will support mine anymore due to the fact that the only original parts are cdrom,zip,NIC and case)

Lol, they've advertised DELL in the new movie with Travolta: Swordfish, muhahah. First the laptop (wicked scene btw :)), then the server racks in the bank...

Usually they show Macs in movies, but I guess they don't have a server solution...

Listen, I do not think it is XP. If the computer dont work well just take it back and ask them to fix it, if they cant demand your money back. I dont know what laws are where you are, but here in norway we get our money back.

Quote:

Listen, I do not think it is XP. If the computer dont work well just take it back and ask them to fix it, if they cant demand your money back. I dont know what laws are where you are, but here in norway we get our money back.

yeah i have been using xp with many different machines since i got an alpha build (2250 i think) over a year ago. I have used just about every build that has come out since and they all worked exceptionally well for me with very few problems. so i don't think it is xp itself perhaps it is bad hardware or something that dell did to configure it. try a clean install without all the dell crap.

your problem could be a simple as bad memory. That is often a cause of weird issues. if you have more than one stick of mem you can take one out test the comp. if it works ok the stick you took our was bad

if not try the other stick. if that doesn't work try taking out pci cards.

As far as I know, it's not advisable to start opening the thing up, thus losing your warranty. If you are still in warranty, take the damn thing back dude, don't mess with it. Let DELL figure it out for you...