Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cyberguru

Playing m0vies in windows...

I have tried playing two movies in windows xp and when I play them one has no sound at all and one has sound thats goes wierd after less than ten mins.

I tried both films using the same codec on my girlfriends pc (both winxp) and they work fine. I thought it was a sound driver problem, I have a GameTheater XP, but wasnt sure. Then I tried playing an mp3 at the same time to see if the sound messed up then but the sound was fine. After a little more investigating i narrowed it down to a problem with the codec or windows media player not initialising the sound system correctly. If I load winamp up first or use Virtual dub to play the film then the sound is correct.

Bit odd but I posted incase anyone else had the same probs with there GTXP... Cos they had lots of issues with WinXP

No I havent.. But I wouldnt have thought it wouldn't make a difference. The rest of the system is stable. Maybe Ill try it one time, but I seriously doubt it will help...

I have had no probs with the gtxp in my system with W2k or XP.

The only thing I can suggest is to do a reinstall of the OS and a clean install of drivers, as some peeps have had this prob with the gtxp.

I know its a bind (and you might have done that already).