Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonark

SCSI Card error in XP

Ok, I keep getting a SCSI card error everytime I try to access anything on my SCSI CD-Rom, SCSI CD-RW, or SCSI HD. I get this error every minute or so on my system and it keeps resetting my SCSI bus. The device, \Device\Scsi\aic78xx1, did not respond within the timeout period. I checked Microsoft's web site and they said the problem was in 2000 and has been fixed. Well, it appears that the problem is still here. I cannot burn CDs because of this, and all of my programs hang while the SCSI bus is reset. There is currently nothing on my system other than XP and Nero. I have done a format and reinstall about 5 times now trying to fix this problem and nothing seems to help. Have any of you ever seen this error and know how to fix it? BTW, My SCSI card is an Adaptec 2940UW and yes I have tried different SCSI cards and the error still exists

But it doesn't always happen when I am burning a CD... The data transfer speeds are correct. Even when the system is idle it still happens. I have termination turned on on the card as well.