Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bunchlife

Weird Crashing/Lockup Problem

Im having a problem thats really pissin me off.. My computer works fine i can play everquest and counter-strike etc.. fine with no problems whatsoever i can surf the net watch pr0n all that no probs..

but.. for some reason when im downloading from newsgroups my computer just hangs.. no BSOD or hard reboot or nothin.. just hangs no keyboard or mouse response or nada..

The news program i use is newsbin.. i also tried newsreactor same thing.. im a big fan of downloading movies and games etc.. from newsgroups heh. i give a damn its free.. dont judge me just help.

I got:

800mhz duron

512mb SDRAM

MSI K7t pro motherboard

geforce2 mx..

im using all that cheap **** cuz when i moved in my new house a power surge blew up my geforce3 and my 1.2ghz athlon at the same time.. and check this out.. i had it connected to an APC surgearrest professional.. the **** that puzzles me is.. that red light that reads.. "building wiring fault" comes on from time to time. i have no idea why. Do i got roaches in my walls or wha?

I mean even if the wiring in the new 300,000+ dollar house is fuxx0red.. how come that surge arrest still allowed my **** to get blasted like that. this is really pissin me off.. i dont wanna end up breaking anything..

btw i got a external cable modem.. toshiba pcx1100 to be exact connected to comp via linksys 10/100 nic.. its a PCI nic..

halp! me! please

update.. it happens when using internet explorer sometimes.. rarely though.. i went to this one website and my comp just froze.. i think its IE for some odd reason.. i remember i had a problem like this before and i had to revert back to using an old *** version of IE

Dude, if you can afford a $300,000 house, I think you can afford buying a new comput0r...

My friend got his mobo toasted and the surge protector company paid for the new one...something to check out...

Brad

I had the problem of paint programs freezing/IE freezing/ netscape navigator freezing/ etc! I got a new motherboard (because xp wouldn't install on my old one!!!!!!!!!) and I don't have any freezes!!!! Not sure if it's the xp or motherboard. I still get cpu 100% usage warnings though, everything stops responding temporarily, then it works again. Not sure how to help you but it could be related, with computers, you never know. Best Buy couldn't even fix mine, I did. (And I am a girl!)

I've not broken anything yet but when it was locking up, average, 5 times a day w/daily usage, I was getting extremely frustrated and tempted to through the dang thing out the window but got to thinking of the cost of the entire thing compared to one or two parts!!!

So I managed to just jump out of my seat and head outside for fresh air and a cigarette, as contradicting as that is.

Good luck to you!!! Try http://www.google.com and search for your problem, may find a solution that way.