Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

Santa Cruz Beta Drivers???

I tried to install these last night, and in asks to uninstall the original ones. In the middle of the install, I get the dreaded BSOD with a STOP error. When I rebooted, the drivers were still there, but the blue speaker on the taskbar is gone, and the standard XP one is there. When I start up the SC console, it works, but the start in system tray is greyed out. And if I try to reinstall the original ones, it too gives a BSOD. I have not tried removing the card, and then doing the unistall yet, but I would think that you need not have to do that?????

I also own a Santa Cruz sound card. Awhile back Turtle Beach posted MICROSOFT CERTIFIED drivers. I installed them. They installed fine and the old drivers were removed. I tried later to uninstall the drivers from the add & remove programs and the driver uninstall program could not find the uninstall file for the Santa Cruz drivers.

I ended up doing a format C: and a clean install to recover. Turtle Beach may be able to tell you what files to delete to save you from having to take such a drastic measure.