Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LavaLamp27

Cable Modem Problemo

I am sad :-(. My laptop works fine with my cable modem but my main computer does not. It has 2 3com network cards in it and both seemed to have died. I know the cable modem and connection are working fine but the cards don't seem to want to grab their new IP address. They stay with the autoconfig one. When i do ipconfig /renew I get an error message describing a socket. What do I do to fix this? I already tried installing the new drivers...please help me~!!! Comcast/AT&T seem to think its a TCP/IP stack problem....any ideas on how to reinstall?

rob

The uninstall button is grayed out...I tried switching PCI slots, reinstalling/up[censored] drivers, and reinstalling over windows...nothing helped. When I click the "repair" button it says it couldn't renew the IP and if i do ipconfig /renew I get an error about a socket. If reinstalling windows isn't the answer, then I am truly stumped. Could 2 cards have possibly gone bad? I think I may buy a new one just to see. Does anyone have any ideas? It's not an ISP problem, I don't think, because I can obviously use this computer (my laptop) to get online. I will be the eternal slave of whoever can figure out what the problem is with my computer.

:-(

Rob