Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sk

Problem: Sharing Epson 1290 USB on LAN?

I’m trying to share an Epson 1290 USB on my home LAN. It is installed, working perfectly and is shared from PC1. It can be seen and the Epson driver utilities like “Nozzles Check” works from PC2. When printing from PC2 the job is spooled on PC1, witch is fine, but then nothing ever happens! The print job can be seen in the Printing Queue with “Status” indicating “Printing”. There is no sound, or noise anything from the printer.

Any suggestions?

Try changing the settings of the printer on PC2. Try changing them to "Print Directly to the Printer". It is under the advanced properties of you printer.

Yep, good suggestion. Print Directly to Printer and it’s running.

That arises the obvious question – Wherein lies the possible problems of “Not Spooling”?

The printer is only used to print large photos, up to A3+ and more than 100 megabytes. Another thing, selecting Print Directly on PC2 forces that same selection on PC1.

Both Win2k SP2, 256 mb ram, one PIII 700 one PIII 500, connected via a 100 mbit ethernet.

Just tried printing a full A4 from PC2. No problems what so ever. It worries me however, that both PC’s are engaged through out the printing process. Task Manager workload is only around 10% on both.

Upon printing from PC2 the print spooler comes up on PC1 and is gradually filled and kept around 10 – 20 mb. I guess there is really nothing to worry about?