Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgodart

where the hell is MS goign with the new messenger 4.6???!!!

You can't receive mail notifications anymore with messenger 4.6 unless you download an addin on the new crappy addin site!!!!!!!! WTF is this all about???!!!

This messenger is getting worse and more bloated every release!!

AND WHY DOES THIS PIECE OF CRAP KEEP LOADING WHEN I DON'T EVEN SAVE MY PASSWORD??!!!! (sorry this thing really makes me go crazy)

I use Group Policies (AD in my case) to keep MSN Messenger from launching, and I use Trillian as my messenger. Have you looked at these alternatives?

I guess i'll have to do that too. The problem when i disable messenger is that outlook express loads slow as hell... Any fix for that???

If you look here, you'll see where APK talks about using policies and I list a link to Technet that speaks of stalled launching of Outlook when MSN messenger is disabled, yet Outlook still has it enabled. Look for a way to disable MSN messenger in OE, and you might be fine.

Thanks, i did what APK suggested, exactly what i needed. Only problem is there is no such option in outlook express, so i'm stuck with a 30 seconds delay (no biggie, i'll have to live with that).

There was the option "do not logon to messenger at startup" (or something like that), but unchecking it didn't help + that option dissapeared the moment i disabled msn messenger in gpedit.msc.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I uninstalled messenger completely and outlook express loads fine now.