Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Major crackdown on software piracy?

You got that rigth clutch what really piss them off is movies like Harry Potter, Sorcerer's Stone you name it that is out on the net the same day when you can only see it at theatres now I agree this getting out hand damm the DVD don't cost that much now days and I'am sure it only going cost $16.95to$19.95 at most place win it come out on DVD and look hell lot better in long, after all if no go see the movies at the theatres they don't make any money on it after spent millons if not billon of dallor on the movie in the frist place and if this keep up there be no more Walk In Movie Theatres to go to just like what happing with the Drive In Theatres.

I been buying more more DVD then I did last yrs due the fact that the cost is come down but some thing are just way over price like most Disney movie and so on that are really older but I think the main problem is the price take look at cost of Pearl Harbor $16.95 at Walmart where some moive eles where my cost much as $29.95 they need set a fair price for everone on everthing.

When come to Computer software I agree a lot of it is a rip off and 50% of it is way over price and I agree with all most all of this here Pirates and Developers about games but RaTzo left out one very important part most of the game can't be bough all over the world being they have been outlaw some country or never got ship to thoses country so they have no choise but to down and illegally copied if the game.

Bring down the prices to Earth levels, and I'll buy all the software that I need. Who in the right phucking mind is going to pay $500-600 for a Goddamn Office Suite??????????? What am I paying for actually? The programmer's time or the advertisement costs? How come Microsoft did not fire anyone in these times of recession, when .coms are going down in value like crazy?

Well, you could:

A. Not use an office suite at all

B. Get a freebie (like StarOffice)

C. Don't upgrade to the newest one when it comes out.

There are a great many people that could still use Office 97 Pro or some old copy of MS Works that would do everything that they need. As for me, I like to work on digit dashboard stuff and I am trying to get back into CDO coding for more calendar views from our Exchange server. So, in my case, I get the newest copy of the Developer's Suite (usually MSDN) to work with. We only finished upgrading to Office 2000 at our office in the last 8 months so I have no need to upgrade any of the older systems to Office XP.

Sure, the cost of software may be expensive, but it is the right of the developer/publisher to set the price and NOT the right of the average person steal it if he/she thinks it isn't worth what the selling price is. If it's that bad, the market will respond and the prices will come down. Wonder why the pricing doesn't come down? Nobody can come up with a decent product to compete with MS Office and have it at a lower price. This is what happens with anything, so it isn't a major surprise. You could ask Corel to, but wait, that's right, they couldn't make a decent suite on their own and started to fail. Then MS bought them out from the virge of closure...

Hehe.... vBulletin bleeped out the domain in your link CKM.... www.****.org won't get you very far! wink

For those who are too lazy to guess, those stars should be the f-word. 8)