Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Whew!

Man, O man, I just had the freakiest BIOS flashing I've ever seen.

In preparation for an Athlon XP, I had to flash to the latest BIOS.

The flash went fine until I rebooted. Got strange beeps, so I turned off the power (yes, the bios flash was complete and said to do so when I rebooted). Then what came up was nearly as frightening 8) the screen was all messed up! 8) Finally after a few more restarts, I got a nice "beep" and a proper screen.

I think this has to be the most horrified I've been in a long time, as far as PC's go. So far so good, as I'm typing this on Corona-12.

I've never had a "bad" BIOS flash before, but I can certainly sympathize with those that do and have. It sucks, so I'm glad to get away unscathed.

Well, you may not be out of the woods just yet. Be on the lookout for odd behavior or anything not quite normal (data corruption, spotty performance, etc). I normally watch the system for a few days *very* closely after any BIOS flash just to make sure. Also, I am typing this on Smirnoff Ice-4, but after 12 I probably wouldn't even care if the computer was plugged into a wall anymore let alone beeped...

cool

Quote:

I'm typing this on Corona-12.

Word
Props to bein fuct up on a Sat. Night
I just drank a bottle of whisky with a friend of mine and smoked a gram of kind bud.

Cos it sounds less geeky than imperial star destroyer?

The old one was a mouthful and rather tiresome to type, and I liked the name. I fixed my A7V too. Bent pins are not your friends. Just like user error. lol!