Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Windows.NET Server beta 3

ok! i should have Windows.NET Server by tomorrow morning and im just wondering what drivers Windows.NET Server uses? Does it use Windows XP drivers ok or not? Thankyou!

Is there any good sites that have details on .Net Server and have drivers and downloads?

It should pick up most major vendors equipment, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think it also carries the drivers from Win2K Server and most of XP's drivers, but I haven't gotten around to installing any of my copies yet.

As for information on it, check out the beta/MSDN newsgroups (as usual for beta support) and http://www.gotdotnet.com/.

I will be installing Beta3 on to a server later today, so I'll post if I have any major problems with it.

It will share WinXP's driver module, so if any drivers don't come part & parcel of the package, the WinXP ones will do nicely.

Ok i just installed .NET Server and for some reason it will only use the classic windows theme frown any ideas why?

Probably because the new "Luna" theme is the ugliest/corniest thing ever created, and Microsoft realized it has no place in a server operating system

Well, that, and *maybe* because it's a bit of a hog and might be too unstable for a server OS. Not to mention there is no reason for a server to have theme-based interfaces anyway.

Ah, .NET Server is more of a Pro operating system than Pro. The default options are more like 2k's. Still a couple of options that should be unticked tho like Personal Menus. All in all tho I MIGHT update my servers to .NET and keep my users on 2k. smile