Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Changing The Processor Driver

Hey all..

i was wondering..: in the device manager under processors i have "proseccor" installed,and this is a driver provided by microsoft and is a "Standard processor types" driver.

Now , a driver for intel pentium III exists in the XP drivers, Should i install it ????????

another thing...according to sisoft sandra:

"The IOQD (Host Bus In-Order Queue Depth) is set too low, most likely 1, i.e. no queue. This indicates the depth of the host bus pipelining; thus 1 indicates that no pipelining is to be done on the bus. This reduces the performance of the host bus which is crucial to performance. P6 (Pentium Pro, II, III, Celeron) has an IOQD depth of 8."

How can i fix that ?........

Thanks for your Help..!!

It's true, it reduces the performance a lot. I had the problem when i upgraded to a new bios than put the IOQD at 1 as default. i didn't knwo what happened and changed back to the older bios till i read somewhere that it had to do with th IOQD. Then i installed the new bios again and changed it manually to 8. Take a look in your bios for that option. What motherboard do you have?

My Motherboard : Iwill VD133 - Via Apollo pro 133.

i didn't see where i can change this in the bios...

and what about my question about the XP processor driver ?

My processor is listed as "intel®pentium®III Processor" by default in device manager. i don't know why yours is listed als standard processor.

quote: "Now , a driver for intel pentium III exists in the XP drivers, Should i install it ????????"

Do you mean on windows update? If yes, then yes install it, i did it once (not on this windows setup tho) and it didn't harm my computer.

Quote : "Now , a driver for intel pentium III exists in the XP drivers, Should i install it ????????"

i went to "update driver" and there i unclicked "show compatible hardware" and saw that there is a driver for pentium III.

should i install this driver ??

I had it downloaded before. Haven't seen any problems with it. I know MS had pulled it awhile back for some reason, but I really didn't care. I wasn't hurting with it or without it.