Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

Premiere 6.01 and xp

when i capture with win movie maker it drops no frames

when i capture with premiere 6.01 it says that it does't drop frames but i only runs at about 1 frame per sec when you play back captured clips. If I import clips into premiere that were either captured with win movie maker or downloaded from somewhere they play fine. But anything captured off the firewire in premire i only get 1 frame per sec. I have tried all the settings and tried reinstalling premiere. I have tried premire with and without the update. I have tryed using generic drivers for my Sony DV camera with no luck. It must be a software issue cause crappy winmoviemaker can do it just fine withou skipping a beat. Do you guys have any idea. I guess i could try premiere in compatability mode but i don't think that is gonna help.

ok i just had another look at the problem and it seems that it is only the playback in premiere that is coppy if i make a divx out of my choppy looking clips it is smooth as can be.

anyone know how to make the video play smooth in premire. BTW I don't think it is a hardware issue here as you can see from my specs below i have more than enough power to run this. My specs below don't inclue a firewire card and hard drive that i added today. and the playback is not choppy if i veiw the clips that premiere makes with win media player. also i can capture to any one of my hard drives (system/firewire/storage) without dropping frams it is just clip playback inside premeire that is choppy.