Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckley

Disable roll-bar?

When you have a lot of programs running - the task bar as you know gets filled with shortcuts. A new gadget in XP is this roll-bar-thingy that allows you to scroll up and down to see all these shortcuts. As you might remember in win 98/95 the shortcuts kept shrinking - no roll-bar ever appeared.

Now - I am getting pretty annoyed with this roll-bar in Win XP and was hence wondering if anyone in here knows how to disable this feature as I have been unable to do so my self.

"I am getting pretty annoyed with this roll-bar in Win XP "

AMEN, BROTHER!!!

Tell it like it is.

I would drop a load of gasoline on it, light a match, and walk away for a good 8 weeks while that little jewel glows a firey red.

Oh. Forgot we were talking about the roll-bar...

LOL ejsmith smile

I agree with you guys, i want to get rid of it too. I've been looking all over the taskbar properties...There doesn't seem to be any option for that.

What are you talking about? The taskbar grouping where similar programs get bundled into one entry on the bar? Right click on the taskbar, go to properties, and select the Taskbar tab. Then clear the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" checkbox.

No that's not what we mean. Consider grouping as phase one of the "cleaning-up-the-taskbar". Phase 2 happens when you open even more windows, then 2 arrows (up and down) appear on the right of the taskbar. THAT's what we want disabled. Although i gotta say i don't have that much windows open that often.

Did any of you guys ever figure out a solution to the Roll-bar annoyance? (I found this thread through google "Win XP Task bar scroll disable").

I'll keep looking as well... If i find anything i'll post it back here.

Thanks,

Dave