Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Bsod - Emupia2k.sys

Well, what I can tell you is that the file emupia2k.sys is:

E-mu plug-in architecture Driver (WDM) from those lovely boys over at Creative Labs.

It looks like you've entered the wonderful world of AMD based systems with SB Live soundcards and the fact that in so many cases they have problems of some description.

First thing to try I would say is a re-installation of the CL drivers and then take it from there.

BladeRunner that has nothing to do with most like lee cdrwin is sent wrong command which cause the emupia2k.sys to BSOD

I got errors in that file on my old XP install, and also CDRWIN decided to BSOD on every launch (with a different file)

As for the emupia2k.sys, one reboot my system directory hosed itself and wiped an extremely large amount of files. My sound stopped working, but my system ran faster. I decided to reinstall my sound drivers, and strangely they worked...no BSODs or anything..and my system was faster...how that works I don't know, but it was a blessing.

Not sure about CDRWIN, although I am aware of these issues if you use a dodgy crack or key that shouldn't be used (piracy is illegal btw).

On a new instal of XP, I installed cdrwin with my (legal) key and it worked...so that must have been a system error.

by the way, on the old install, the error happened with ALL versions of cdrwin...I think it may have been possibly linked to the version of ASPI that cdrwin installs.