Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schumi

Audio problem, please help!!!

Well here is my problem. When I use Winmap to listen to mp3's, audio cd's or anything audio I get a bunch of popping, scratching and skipping. Thought that at first it may be a problem with my soundcard. I have the Creative Labs Audigy MP3+. It is running on Win XP with an AMD XP 1800+ CPU on an Abit KG7-Raid motherboard. I tried everyhing at first, moving the card into a different slot, keeping the voulume down, but nothing worked. I was about to almost take the comp back to the store where I bought it, but I forgot one more thing. I tried listening with other programs, I tried the software that came with the card (Creative PlayCenter and Windows Media player). Funny thing, when I use these programs, everything works like a charm. So I imagine that problem lies in Winamp. Anyone else ever had this problem with Winamp, and if so, is it fixable? I tried other versions of Winamp, but they all do the same thing. I don't mind using the Creative PlayCenter (for now) but would like to go back to Winamp b/c it's much simpler to use and much more compact in size.