Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

What keyboard do you use?

Might be a silly question, but I just want to know. On my Athlon system I still use a Honeywell 101-key [no fancy Windows button, speaker/volume, browser, right menu buttons on mine] AT keyboard which I had first had with my 486, then used it with my Pentium, and now I am using it my Athlon. I have to use an AT to ATX/PS2 adapter to hook it up.

The thing is, is that this keyboard is great. Love the buttons, easy to tap, solid construction, the right cursor arrow is starting to press down more, but still works fine. I really dislike some of the newer ones out there, but if this one dies I have a spare Packard Bell 104-key one with the Windows key and the right menu ones. 8 years and counting.

Possibly the oldest piece of hardware, other than maybe a floppy, is my Logitech Deluxe 104 Keyboard. I've been using it for about 3 years, and have never had a problem with it.

i think brian i might have you beat. i am using a 1984 ibm keyboard.it was manufacured for ibm by lexmark. you all should know these keyboard they are the kind that got the big springing sound in them but i love this damn keyboard

I'm using a Microsoft Internet and Internet Pro keyboard on my systems. I don't ever use the extra buttons (web, e-mail, etc.) but they have a really good feel. And I like having the extra USB ports on the Internet Pro.

pimpin_228, thats a long time, I hope my keyboard can survive that long, just 10 more years, but by then I may need some sort of AT to Firewire Supreme/USB Ultra connector to hook it up. That is if we still use keyboards.

Im using a lovely black Dell one smile I know its Dell but its BLACK smile

MS Natural Keyboard pro,

Just as a keybord should should be but a bit bulky perhaps. Connects to the PS/2 port, but still has USB ports built in (the cable splits to a PS/2 and a USB connector) and some of the extra buttons are really useful, like the Sleep (hibernate or Stanby) key, the volume controls and occasionally the mail/web keys.

An extra bonus is that the driver lets you disable tHAt iRrITating CAps loCk key and you can remap some of the buttons.

H.