Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

TNT2 and W2K - Does it work for us gamers

Just want to find out if the new 3.53 drivers work under W2K and can you play directx games like Rogue spear and UT and the latest games with out a problem.

I'm tired of installing it just to be pissed when the games that work under 98 don't work under W2K.

Oh and has DX7 been released for W2K?

Thanks for all the help.

yes it all seems to work fine now, DX7 has officially been released for win2k. I play ut quite a bit now since they improved the d3d coding. And shogo as well.

Hey Jimmy, can you please outline in detail how to get UT and such working with a TNT2 and build 2128? I've d/l direct7 and installed it, but what drivers (and where to get them) are you using.

Thanks a ton.

Well, I have a diamond Viper 770 and it works fine under 2000 now. I did a clean install and then installed 3.53 drivers. Didn't even touch direct X and all is good. Rogue spear needs the registry entry from 9x cause it seems to have troubles writing it's own. If you don't have it email me and I'll send it. I'm a little scared to install the DX7 update, as I finally got everythign working, I don't wanna stuff it up!