Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

IIS/Windows Media Encoder question

I dont know if the problem is with IIS or with my remote software for Windows Media Encoder.

Anyway when i connect to my computer to try and start the encoder whenever one of the ASP pages load up i get an "object not found" box then nothing works right. Is this an error with the crappy MS default pages or is it something to do with IIS?

It could be many things (something missing from the page, something you forgot to setup, etc). The easiest way to find out, is to setup your IIS logging to include "cs-uri-stem", which will then give you (hopefully) the actual line in your code that has the failure. This line might have something to do with you calling access from an object that wasn't even created yet, or something similar. Once setup, try restarting your site and then hitting those pages. Afterward, check the logs and you might see something like this:

Code:
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status cs(User-Agent)2001-08-08 15:53:31 200.1.1.100 - 200.1.1.211 80 GET /default.asp |[b]35[/b]|800a0411|Name_redefined 500 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.5;+Windows+NT+5.0)

The number in bold is the line number in "default.asp" that should be referenced for debugging purposes.

HTH