Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ahearnb

IE not loading newest page - please help!

Hey guys,

A few days back I had this problem - my web pages were loading VERY slowly. I had this problem before, and at that time I just updated my LAN card drivers as was suggested on tweakxp.com. That fixed it at that time. But the other day, I couldn't get anything to work. And I know it was a problem with my computer, because my roommate's worked fine (T1 line at college). Then I looked on tweakxp.com again, and found this - http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=806 I tried that and it gave some error - so instead of "C:\>del "%systemdrive....", I typed "C:>del "%systemdrive" I THINK.

Anyway, it didn't work right away, but the slowness finally went away. BUT, now I have found that it loads MANY webpages from an old file. I have found it even does this at some sites that I have not even visited before! And when I click refresh or F5, it doesn't even load the new page! I have to hit CTRL + F5 for it to load the newest page. I have deleted my temporary internet files, and have IE set to load the newest page "Every visit to the page".

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do? Has anyone had this problem? I really have no idea what to do. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Brad