Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ant -|- One

Let's talk about VIRUSES, for once !?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Unfortunately, I don't have any say in what software is installed on the computers here. The school has been using Mcafee since before I started working here. The older systems were rolled out w/ 4.0, the newer ones have 5.0 in the image, and the new lab machines are all corporate ed.

I agree with your statement about mixing consumer and business software. Bad idea!

Quote:

Unfortunately, I don't have any say in what software is installed on the computers here. The school has been using Mcafee since before I started working here. The older systems were rolled out w/ 4.0, the newer ones have 5.0 in the image, and the new lab machines are all corporate ed.

I agree with your statement about mixing consumer and business software. Bad idea!

Ahhhhh, so we are looking at more bad administration (at least in the image build) than anything else. If you go here, and select "Product Upgrades", you will be greeted with a request for your grant number. Enter that, and you will have access to the software that you are licensed to get. You will not see 5.x or 6.x in there as they are consumer edition, and some really nice utilities to work with for installer design and administration. Check it out sometime.

Ummm, I guess I am missing something, because while I see the downloads I don't see the point you are driving at. I see that they don't have the newer policy deployment applications on there. Also, what's up with the multi-file downloads and all those builds of the Exchange virus scanner? I mean I know that MS adjusted the API for Exchange 2K with SP1, but I don't recall the other vendors needing that many builds.

cool

Norton Utilities sucks, plain and simple. Most of the tools in the suite did more harm than good. I'll use their AV and Firewall, but that's about it.