Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

Real 4.1 audio???

I am not extremely well versed on some audio configurations, especially as far as hom theatre goes.

I have an audigy and a logitech z560 setup.

There are 2 connectors on the z560 that plug into the audigy repectivly. Is this 4.1 surround sound?

If it is, then why on dvd's when I test sound, it works on the 4 sat's but not the sub-woofer for the ".1" bass???

Is there a special setting that needs to be allocated for the audigy or is this realisticly 4.1 audio?

Heh...sorry if the question may sound stupid.

o yah

Its set up right.

I get tons of bass when playing mp3z and movies, just when I do the 4.1 test there is no sub bass sound.

Im just basiclly wondering if there is any configuration I need to do other than plugging in green jack to green cable, black to black and turn on power.

I've never had a bass test in the speaker test. I don't think there's supposed to be one. I'm not worried as I have it in everything else.

Well...see thats what I was thinking, but on a dvd there is a test for 4.1 audio, and there was no sound at all when the "sub-bass" was playing. It wasnt cause the frequency was to low, there is no sound what-so-ever. So...I was just wondering if this was a bunk test...or if there is crap I need to be hooking up as well as the speakers themselves