Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Haydn

AGP pro 8X

The new geforce4TI 4600 agp has agp 8x , sounds cool enough . But what motherboards support 8x? I just bought a brand new asus a7v266-e and it only says 4x ? wtf ? will any new bios's enable the 8x ?

I was lookin bestbuys add about the g4 ti , they say its 8x agp . oh well thanks for clearing that up

Best Buy has been wrong before;). Also, AGP 8x is pretty moot anyway, as I don't recall AGP 4x being a real cramp for anything yet.

nVidida didn't make any AGP 8x slot card sorry Haydn and BestBuys is 100% wonrg as M4Carbine said it only 4x support for now beside there is no AGP 8x Motherboard out and most lee will not be any in tell later this yrs.

Sorta. They advertised it as that cheap, but then upped it's price and cancelled the orders so as not to screw people over. I do know that people were really pissed about it regardless.

Yea I preorderd a g4 for 179 that they had it advertised it in the sore. Has not come in yet so I do not know if they are going to give it to us for that price. It is advertised in the store now for like 399 . But I am going to argue that when I orderd it the price was 179

I have a pic of the price also , hope that will help. Should be in any day now

They won't. They will either, or already have, cancelled the order, or will be charging you the full $400 for it. I've read this stuff over at [H]ardOCP and AMDMB. Unless it's one of the GF4 MX's, you ain't seein a GF4 for $179, at least right now.

Well well , I got 2 geforces for less than the price of one at bestbuy.

I called them and asked if they would accept a reciept from another state for a price ajustment for an " item " and they said yea . I got the name of the person I talked with over the phone . And sure enough when I went in to get my 2 preorderd geforces I did not have to fuss with them about all that price stufff.... If you would like a picture of the reciept I used replie to this and I will post a link to where I got it . If you want to get it on you're own go too www.hardforum.com under general myhem room there is currently a big debate goin on about this . There you will find pics of reciepts of other ppl that have done this also.

I should also state that I haven't been keeping up with the latest and greatest on that situation, as I didn't order one. I went by the last info I'd know of.

Glad to see you got your deal, tho.;)