Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

New Motherboard!

Im looking for a replacement to my broken ASUS A7V133A board, A new board must support 8 devices and Athlon XP 1700+, Prefer DDR also. I was looking at ASUS A7V266-E but fancy a change, maybe a board that supports dual Athlon XP's. Thanx guyz

Go for the real thing; an Abit board(KG7 or KR7)

Dual CPU's don't give you much more than a ego boost unless you do a lot of some rather CPU intensive tasks with apps that support dual processors. Mostly that money is better spent on more RAM, beer and women.

H.

KG7 running very stable here with an Athlon 1400@1550 for 10 months now.

I was thinking about getting a Gigabyte GA-7DXR+ motherboard, as i have been very happy with both gigabyte boards i have had(Still have one in fact).Has anyone used this Motherboard?

Have you seen any reviews on it? Would they be of any good to your decision?

I havent actually seen any reviews lately but i am pritty sure that i saw one about 3months ago. Id rather spend the £1 less on a manufacture that i have had no problems with and get a lot more support on the motherboard(i.e- RAID,ATA133,Dualbios)for my money.

I did a generic search of the NTComp archive, and got these. I know that they don't have the "+" on them, but they might have updated reviews on the board that you are looking for.

Since this is AMD's first venture into dual-processing, I would not recommend them here. The A7V266E is supposed to be pretty good, as well as the MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU. (KT266A).

Abit's alright, I've had mixed results with the KG7-RAID. One was bad and it's replacement had some improper BIOS settings that didn't allow the machine to even boot until I cleared CMOS. The nice thing about it is the HPT370 controller: it's not castrated like the on-board Promise controllers. You can use RAID if you want or you don't have to, all through the HPT370 BIOS. I believe the Asus has a jumper to disable the RAID function, while still allowing the use of the extra IDE controllers, but don't quote me.

Yes, your completely correct about the ASUS boards and the raid jumper.Im pritty sure that i will probably go with the Gigabyte GA-7DXR+ motherboard. Seems to have a lot of features and i have been very happy with Gigabyte products.

Just ordered a Gigabyte GA-7DXR+ from my supplier and 512MB 266Mhz DDR RAM. Should be getting them next saturday. Can't wait to have my computer actually working again smile.

id stick with asus they are a really good mb company

something like the a7n-266 with the n-force 415 chipset