Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaTiNsAnE

Help! USB stinks!

Hello, I need some tech advice

I just got a new MotherBoard and Processor

(A7A266 and AMD XP 1700+ i am running Windows 98SE, 512 pc-133 ram)

Im having some trouble with the USB, When i first tried to set it up there was a problem with the BIOS so i had to flash and re-program. When i finished with that i tried some games with my new mouse (MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0) and something was screwy, Whenever i loaded something the mouse would stop responding and skip around, when i tried to play Max Payne the mouse would stop responding all together and leave me hanging with guys shooting at me...even when i did the tests in Direct-X the mouse would freeze and id have to restart!! HELP!!

thnx

Just wondering if its a wireless, are the batteries low or something? Anything dirty like sensors, the USB plug? Defective mouse maybe? If its newly bought, exchange it. Try reinstalling the software that came with the Intellimouse.

9x systems aren't known for thier USB capabilities, then again NT isn't at all. 200 seems okay, Xp is good.

No one tell me that ME is good for anything!

Quote:

9x systems aren't known for thier USB capabilities, then again NT isn't at all. 200 seems okay, Xp is good.

No one tell me that ME is good for anything!

Actually ME CDs make good beer mats/coasters!

AndyF wink

ME was better for USB than 98 for me anyways, since being newer I guess. 2000 was fine and XP is fine.

ur right, when i had 98 the ps/2 port was so slow, then i upgraded to ME and my mouse movement was smoother but ME just sux ***. I formatted and went back to 98 but the mouse smoothness and some other features stayed. how i have no idea :\ but it was pretty cool laugh

hey! everybody's been dissing ME but it worked great for me! part from the coaster thing like AndyFair said. hahahha

Quote:

ur right, when i had 98 the ps/2 port was so slow, then i upgraded to ME and my mouse movement was smoother but ME just sux ***. I formatted and went back to 98 but the mouse smoothness and some other features stayed. how i have no idea :\ but it was pretty cool laugh

Usually after installing an OS on freshly formatted disk everything seems smooth, but the effect wears out. smile 98's mouse is slower than ME/2k or XP

it probably will wear off but it hasnt since. I reformatted a little over 6 months ago and it still is smooth a ever....except for a little sound trouble