Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SHS

Liveware 3 and win2000 & it works! to

I did all those.

BTW : even in safe mode, 1 or more DLLs won't copy because they are being used.

Is this normal? Can't recall which ones. devcon32.dll I think.

Bummer dude.

RE: Locked up Live3 setup... It is almost as if the setup is failing while checking the config at the very start. Do you know what _ISDEL.EXE does?

Cheers,

RichardW

that ok it only two DLL yes that one of them this is other one Sblfx.dll yes that normal.

I sure don't but think about it do got any app's run in the backgroud like AV ?.

ops aka VirusScan

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 07 November 1999).]

Still a no-go here.

First difference comes after installing the new drivers (the OEM..... file), after reboot I get the SB Live but driver details say "no drivers installed" and sound hangs after starting ....

Second is installation of the Liveware 3 itself, it starts, runs to 100% (first window) and nothing else. The above mentioned processes remain in memory (checked with taskmanager) but nothing else happens.

Well, good thing is that it's easy to get back to the WDM drivers wink.gif

My computer setup can be found here http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/albern/computer.htm , the CPU slightly o/c at 504MHz. There are no problems due to the o/c situation, I don't think that the trouble.

Oh yes, I have build 2128 (well, that's the best we CPP get)

[This message has been edited by DocSilly (edited 07 November 1999).]

SHS, (and others)

Have you encountered an enourmous slowdown on your computer after installing Liveware!3.0? I installed it just like you've shown but it's as if im running win2k on a 486 now....

SHS, I have a problem when I try to rename the setup_ex file to setup.exe. when I double-click after the renaming is comes up with a error.. Also when you say in the beginning to (Run setup.exe it well unpack everything here

"c:\documents and settings\[login_name]\local settings\temp\lw3" directory. )

This is not what I get, I get nothing close to LW3 dir, I get something like instmp1 or something. What do you think the problem could be?

Thanks

Michael

It is not telling me acess is denied or anything like that. it is saying this.....the module is incomplete.

Also the file extenstion is not changed to an application file. And in order to get the NT4DRV in the same directory and the setup folder I have to put it their from anoter .exe folder from a liveware 3.0 NT program.

I don't no why the names not right. right clicking on hard drive and doing a search for lw3 popped right up for me. As far as Renaming the file goes the only thing I could Get to work was opening a commmand prompt window And going to setup file and typing rename setup.ex_ setup.exe. Hope this helps.