Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Guys what really makes WinXP better than Win2k pro?

I believe a lot of techies just dont like new stuff cause they aren't familiar or comfortable with it. We have old guys at work who refuse to use new **** and we have to support thier old software cause they wont switch

Quote:

I believe a lot of techies just dont like new stuff cause they aren't familiar or comfortable with it. We have old guys at work who refuse to use new **** and we have to support thier old software cause they wont switch

I know exactly what you mean!
I used to be a chemist at an industrial gas standards plant. The older guys refused to do anything different from what they had been doing for the past 20 years. They got into such a rut that they were scared sh1tless when new technology showed up. Their brains had been deprived of oxygen in that environment for so long, that learning something new caused them great anguish.

Needless to say, I had to leave that horrible industry to formally learn networking and start a new career to satisfy my endless craving to learn new things.

I eat up new computer stuff like candy but XP has left an "icky" feeling with me since I started using the betas. Can't really explain it either. I'll use it if I have to but I really hate having to "force" an OS to do what I want to do with it I love tweaking but with XP it's just pathetic tweaks that MS should have taken care of before release. I just see it as an unfinished project that MS pushed out the door somewhat like Windows ME just to finally get a home OS with the NT core. It's the principal of the thing.... for those reasons Windows 2000 remains a stronge contender for sometime to come.