Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Riad

Remote Desktop on .Net Server

All,

I'm trying to remote administer .Net Server from another XP box using Remote Desktop Connection. My problem is I always get this message: "You do not have the proper encryption level to access this Session".

Terminal services is not running on the .Net Server, and I couldn't find a way to change the encryption level in either XP or .Net Server.

Will aperturae any feed back.

Did you install Terminal Services? Does it show up as an installed component?

Thanks clutch,

Terminal Services is not installed at all, and it doesn't show up as installed component.

I think I don't need to install Terminal Services because when I try to install it, I get a message "If you only want to remotely administer the server, you should use Remote Desktop".

I can successfully connect to the XP box, but not the other way around.

Here at work my office is far from the server room, so I need to test it remotely so I can do other work in the same time. Hopefully I will resolve the problem soon.

Then is the Remote Desktop service started? I installed one beta of it, and didn't have any issues connecting. You might want to try the beta newsgroup for more information.

Just kinda curious how this turns out. What version of OS on the client side? Would the level of encrytion as referenced by IE be of any value here?