Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mad2moons

task schedule backup on w2k

can i backup using task scheduler under w2k, thing is, I want to be able to backup to cd overnight. Is this possible??

Thanks in advance

thx for the reply. The thing I want to know is can the w2k backup routine, backup to CD every night? I'm trying to build a cheap server and dont want to use a dat drive but a cd burner. thx

As far as I know W2K backup supports backing up to tapes. What you might want to consider if you are backing up to CD's is any one of several shareware products. They range from $10 to $70. Most use Adaptec Direct CD. This webaddress is one place to look for these kinds of products: http://www.majorgeeks.com/showfiles.php?cat=3. Partition Magic also offers a backup program to CD's.

any freeware or shareware products that can backup to cd using scheduler? I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible smile

thx

Try the link I gave. Most of these either use scheduler or have their own internal process. The difficulty with backing up to CD's is "what do you do when your data spans more than one?"

thx, but ill only be backing up about 300 meg at the most, I can't get that majorgeeks link to work sampson frown

DirectCD is not bad for CDRW backup. I would not cut too many corners in the backup area though. Data, and keeping it safe is more important than how much you can save. What good is cutting corners when your databackup is corrupted or lost by faulty hardware or half-a$$ software.