Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NTGAMEMAN

Help

nvidia control panels gone!!!

help my controls panels are gone!!! how do i get them back

i was installing 28.32 whql and doing a upgrade to 28.84 whql

i did a uninstall throught add/remove panels and also divece manger... it install's nview

P3 700

384mb ram

windows xp pro corp msdn

Visiontek Geforce2 MX 400 AGP

The nVidia 28.84 drivers are not yet posted on nVidia's actual driver update site for windowsXP (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000).

This might mean they need a bit more work!

Uninstall the newer drivers and re-install the older drivers and see if the nVidia control panel comes back, if it does it will be the newer drivers that are faulty!

Before reinstalling the old drivers, install the video card with Standard VGA drivers first. Then reboot and install your Nvidia software.

i did what you people said

i uninstalled the drivers and installed the VGA ones

then the nvidia ones..did not work

then i uninstalled it in safe mode and installed the drivers

did not work

i got the latest drivers for all my hardware and software

anything else?

will i HAVE to go back to win2k pro sp3 beta ??

Shouldn't think you need to. You need to seek out and purge all of the nvidia drivers in \system \system\32 or system32\drivers. They are usually nv*.*

Change the card to Standard VGA. Reboot. Make sure it stays the standard VGA. Uninstall the Nvidia software. Go into windows explorer and erase all the nv*.* drivers in the various folders.

Reboot again. The screen should absolutely dreadful. Install the Nvidia software.

i formated my computer and got the control panels back

thanx for the help guys

p.s XP was running really slow so i needed a format

Instead of adding bloat like movie maker and annoying newbie-tools like system restors, they could make the whole system more bulletproof, more clean and less prone to exactly the problems NTGAMEMAN and me and so many others have.

Im glad linux is here but it seems we need some more. Some feedback to microsoft from us pro users.

I'm all for Linux, but there are a few problems:

Where's the games for it (HL, Serious Sam, Jedi Knight, etc.)? May be lame, but I enjoy my games.

I know all of my hardware isn't supported, not necessarily a fault of Linux, but the fact that it's not seeing drivers from everyone.

I can set it up, but the it's like "What the heck do I do with it."

I've already sold my soul to Bill G. anyway (for the right to be his protege and eventual ruler of MS and the world;))

Quote:

I've already sold my soul to Bill G. anyway (for the right to be his protege and eventual ruler of MS and the world;))

Brian,
I don't know how to put this to you, but Billy Boy says that to everybody...sorry mate, but you've been shafted!

AndyF laugh