Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Max666

Uwatec SmartTrack (logbook-software for dive computer)

Hello,

i have a problem with the SmartTrack logbook-software from Uwatec.

It seem not to work with XP but the hotline and the helpfile says it have to run under XP.

Are there some divers with the same problem and maybe solution?

I testet it on 2 Systems.

The compatibility mode does not work frown

You can download it on http://www.uwatec.com/imperial/framem10.htm

Thanks,

Max666

Hi,

Just to let you know it does work. I use it for my SmartPro on XP Pro. Works brilliantly. I didn't use the CD supplied, I downloaded the version on the website - v1.0101. No problems whatsoever for me. what problems do you get?

Hello Veygrix,

i allways get that window saying that the application have a problem and if i want to send the debug-information to microsoft.

Thanks,

Max666

Just a suggestion, as you mentioned it not working in compatibility mode. Have you tried to run it under "safe mode"?

I had an application (Surething CD Labeller) that crashed immediately like your problem. I got round it by booting the computer to Safe Mode, and reinstalling / running - it worked. Rebooted back to normal mode and it still worked. There may be some DLL's that can't get installed using your login account.

Also do you have Administrator security access on the PC, this program may need it. Check the account in User manager.

In case you don't know, Safe mode is obtained by Holding down the F8 key before Windows starts loading, ie after your PC memory count (too early may give you a BIOS error about a key stuck down). It should bring up a menu of options. Pick Safe mode and try it.

Good luck.

(For me though, it installed and worked straight away no issues whatsoever.)

Hello Veygrix,

now i tested it in save mode. It is working smile

But if i reboot my system in "normal mode" it will not longer work.

I have found the real problem. In save mode the SmartTrack says at startup a warning massage that is no printer installed.

In "normal mode" there is no printer warning message.

On my system at home (and the 2nd one at work) i have network printers installed. And if I delete them, it starts up with no problems at all - funny, isnt it :))

I´m very glad that if finaly work.

Thanks,

Mario