Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stageinfo

Windows 2000 compatibility issues

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project to migrate computers from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 in a big company (more than 500 users) and I need to know if some applications can work under Windows 2000.

So, does Freelance Graphics 97 work with it? If not, is there any patch or update for it? Also, if possible, give me a web link for that information (if it comes from internet, of course!). I think that's everything I need for now...

Thanks!

Since it worked under NT4, it will most likely be just fine under Win2k. You should build a test box first though to try all your software on, before you upgrade all 500+ computers.

I used Freelance Graphics in conjunction with Approach 97 in W2k. I have since upgraded to the Freelance 9.7. I never had a problem.

As said above, the very first thing you should be doing is setting up a Win2k box and attempting to run every single piece of software your company needs on it.

Before we did a similar roll-out here about 18 months ago I spent a month doing nothing but tests.

You might also want to check the Official compatability list for Win2k, located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/upgrading/compat/search/software.asp

A quick search indicates Freelance Graphics should be OK.

Thanks to all and of course I will set up a Win2k box for testing, actually it was planned, but for now I'm doing the research process and if I can't find any information about some application, then I will test them. I have to follow the procedure my supervisor gave me, no choice!