Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Check this out! directcomponents.com and PC 1066

I posted this on Asusboards.com and wanted you all to read this to see the situation, that I'm pretty steamed about.

Samsung PC1066 I bought from componentsdirect.com. Turns out that the Ram is actually PC800 with the Void if Removed sticker conviently covering the PC800 markings and model number on the original Samsung sticker. Thanks to some help on this board I found some info on the Samsugn ram I had.

Anyway I wrote them an Email and thought I would post it here to see what you guys thought:

Nick,

I spoke with another gentleman on the phone concerning order #******, and he mentioned you were the manager. I recently purchased 2 sticks of Samsung 1066 RDRAM, from Components Direct, and after installing them on my ASUS P4T 533-C motherboard, my computer refused to run at the 1066 speeds. So I reseated the the RAM, and when I did I noticed that underneath the sticker labeled “Memory Direct RIMM 256 1066 Void if Removed” that the original Samsung label said PC800. After a little investigating I found this link:

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/s...us_big_sale.htm

and part number MR16R1628AF0-CM8 on the memory is actually 40NS PC800 RDRAM. Normally when I order online I realize sometimes there are going be mistakes, but in this case the sticker labeled “Memory Direct RIMM 256 1066 Void if Removed” directly covers the PC800 on the original Samsung label as if to hide it. After working in retail computer stores, I understand how ordering and vendors work, and am not blaming your company for false advertising, although the ram is clearly not PC1066. I am upset though that I paid top dollar for something that doesn’t exist yet, as confirmed through Samsung that they have yet to release a 256MB PC1066 module as of yet.

The gentlemen I spoke with, explained to me the return policy, which for most cases is understandable but in this particular case I believe something else to be warranted. Since Samsung does not make a 256MB PC066 as of yet, you cannot replace it with a Samsung Module. I would ask that you do one of 2 things to fix this situation. 1) You can replace my 2 sticks of remarked PC800 with another brand. Kingston is the only manufacturer with actual PC1066 256MB modules for sale, or 2) you can refund my full purchase price including the 2 day shipping charges at $269.76.

Your prompt attention on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Jonathan

I was trying to be as cordial as possible cause I am pretty upset.

Well my bank finally resolved this and gave me my money.

So I got some free Samsung Rambus,

which is actually good ram.

laugh

if those punks woulda just done the right thing then everyone would be happy.

but now they dont have their money or the ram.

(karma is self cleaning)