Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matty

performance probs

ok ive got this problem with my system .

AMD XP 1700

JETWAY V266B MOTHERBOARD (LATEST BIOS)

512 SDRAM (SINGLE STICK)

RADEON 7200 64MEG DDR (LATEST DRIVERS)

SOUNDBLASTER LIVE 5.1 (LATEST DRIVERS)

56K MODEM (LATEST DRIVERS)

SAMSUNG CDRW

16x DVD DRIVE

2x 20GIG HARDRIVES (NOT RAID)

AND I HAVE AMPLE COOLING FOR MY CPU.VOLCANO 7.

PLUS A KOB 85 CASE AMD / P4 APPROVED.

WIN XP PRO (ALL THE LATEST UPDATES)

now i no this system could get a score on 3d mark 2001 of 3789 and thats ok cos my graphics card aint the latest and best. but now im only getting a score of 3466 if im lucky..and this is after a fresh install with the latest 4-in-1s from via.

i own my own shop and have fixed every problem im faced with..but a problem like this is not easy to solve.i was wondering if anyone else has this problem on a simaler setup.and no it does not overheat and its not overclocked ..nor has it ever been overclocked.

ive shut down all the things that i can that might affect performance but with no change.

its not any of my componants because its tha same setup i had when it was scoring 3789.

its not a major problem but i no about computers and have tryed everything. any ideas.

no tweaks that are not still active.

its a mistery.

Since the machine is running just fine and it is the speed you are concerned with, try this - http://www.pcpitstop.com/ . This website is free. What it does is go through your system and evaluate it and sometimes tells you what you can do to improve performance. It isn't a site that can examine the machine to the nth degree, but it can hit a few things you haven't thought of.

That's a pretty spiffy site. My work system (P3 733 w/ 512MB RDRAM) got a 416 with all checkered flags (but one yellow for my upstream b/w). Kinda cool.

Quote:

now i no this system could get a score on 3d mark 2001 of 3789 and thats ok cos my graphics card aint the latest and best. but now im only getting a score of 3466

Ignore it, benchmarks are for those who feel the need to compensate in, other areas...

That site recommended I install a CDRW drive....My Lite-On LTR-12101B is now sulking for being ignored by that site. laugh