Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Future Intel Chipsets?

When is Intel going to release a chipset that supports DDR333/DDR400? I was looking forward to the 845E but it doesn't support DDR33 and the 845G only supports it unofficially.

Damn Intel, I really liked that new Asus P4B533-E motherboard, but its slow without 333MHz DDR, and I am hesistant to jump on the SiS bandwagon.

Also when will Intel incorporate AGP 8x into their chipsets?

Why not P4? saves you a lot of trouble and "heat", and gives you stability!!!

They are cheap too. (not as much as athlon) And you definetyely do not need a 2.4GHz. get a 1.4, 1.8 or something

Hey Sapiens, will Intel be releasing an updated 850 chipset to support AGP 8x and other new stuff in the future or is RDRAM dead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uykucu

They are cheap too. (not as much as athlon)

You just answered your own question.

Quote:

They are cheap too. (not as much as athlon) And you definetyely do not need a 2.4GHz. get a 1.4, 1.8 or something

I have 3 computers already ;(, 2 with an AMD chip inside, 1 of which uses the sweet nForce 415:D The other one is powered by a SuperMicro P3TDDE and a pair of 800EB PIII's. I'm waiting for the 1.4 Pentium III-S chips to drop a bit from their 300 bucks a crack price. That and I seriously need to look at a different car!:(

I've half debated getting a P4 box so I can have another SETI crucher:D. I want to build a LAN box, so I may get a P4 1.6 or whatever's the slowest I can get when I build it. I want to have a P4 system to play with, but it all comes down to money.

So much hardware, so little cash:(

Asus A7V333 with RAID and an Athlon XP 1900+ seems kinda cool? Plus its cheap.