Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamie

win xp pro

Well if you had an /illegal/ key and were worried about your copy being deactivated as such, then you might go out and buy the cheapest copy you could find to replace it with (e.g. XP Home).

Afaik, you have to do a complete reinstall to go back to a lesser version.

Quote:

Can i load windows xp home edition over windows xp pro? my backup file for my previous OS have some how been deleted, we need home edition because my brother plays games and most of then are not compatable with xp pro Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze help!!! lguardjamie@ntlworld.com

Dude, its the same fricken O/S. If games work on Home, they'll work on Professional.

My friend has win xp home and he can play "WARZONE 2100" but when i load it onto mine its comes up with, "NOT COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS NT"!

try the compatibility mode.

Trust me you don't wan't home edition.

Pro is bad enough!

Create a shortcut on your desktop to the file you wish to run.

Right click on it and choose properties. go to Compatibility mode tab.

I think you can figure out the rest!

why is this in feedback?

If you are having gaming problems, my friend once told me that if you delete all of your windows dir, msdos.sys, etc. and all of that on the C:\ and then installed DOS and THEN Windows 2000 and THEN Solaris, and THEN XP (any version), it fixes all gaming problems.

Trust me...I am the best computer student in my whole student.

LOL!!!

Also if you then format and install XP, any problems that you did have by installing every OS known to man (ie. none :D) will be fixed smile