Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
knight_21

RC2&RC3 problems with Smartlink modem

I was wondering if there was any one else out there having a problem with the SmartLink (archtek) 5634 BTS internal 56k v.90 modem. I have been running Win2k since beta 2 and this modem has been running great - connecting anywhere from 48000-51000. Now since I put in RC2 and now RC3 it does not seem to initialize the v90. It only connects at 31.200. I have had my lines tested and replaced the cables. The machine is a PII 450 w/256 pc100 and a Board Runner MB and Diamond Monster fusion agp. Any one got any Ideas? Please let me know. I have all the latest drivers from archtek but of course they are not specifically written for Win2k. Please let me know!

Thanks

KNight

Just a note. I found that the MS drivers for a 56K USR modem forced the modem down to a 28.8K connection. It was only when I used the USR 56K Win9X .inf file that I was able to connect at my usual 40000 connection (yeah, the lines are noisy here....)

You might want to try using the .inf files for the Win9X for that modem and seeing if it restores true 56K connections.

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions