Sign in to follow this  
andyaddick

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Little loves please help.......

Done the appupd "fix" and installed ok wink

Now get an "entry level kernal32.dll" error when trying to run from windows icon. frown

Can run from DOS but dont have any sound, pah !!!

Cheers

Andy

-x-x-x-

From my NT Game Compatibility List:

Windows

INSTALL

Upon execution of setup you will receive this error message:"Windows 5.0 is currently running. This version of Red Alert is a Windows 95 only product."

To fix:Create a shortcut to setup.exe on the CD, go to properties on the shortcut, then the compatibility tab. Check the box and choose Windows 95. Now install the game!

GAME

Upon execution of the game you will receive this error message:"The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

To fix: Install the 1.08 patch.

IF YOU PLAN ON INSTALLING ANY EXPANSION PACK FOR RED ALERT THEN INSTALL THEM BEFORE INSTALLING THE PATCH!

Now go to the Red Alert directory, create a shortcut for RA95.exe, go to properties, then the compatibility tab, Check the box and choose Windows 95.

Now play the game!

I thank you dear Sir, and await the Westwood site to SORT IT OUT re the downloads !!!!

Andy

--- 60 in 2nd cant be bad ---

--- Drive it like you own it ---

i MUST tell u that when i did this. it overwrote some of my win2k dlls with win95 dlls. and totally corrupted my system. so i could not install ONE program afterwards. i had to format. no one could help me. so now i do not TOUCH red alert.

Thanks for the tips! It's finally working!! I'll finally be able to finish this game lol After I'll need to finish the original one smile

A Red Alert patch could not mess up your system. 2K has SFP which protects 2K files. Any file overwritten would be re-overwritten by 2K so I would say that a Red Alert patch did not mess up your system but something else did.

Easy fix for the sound issue. download this dos sound emulator and run setup with it. http://ntvdm.cjb.net/ you also have to run the game with it but it is very easy! laugh I love some people! (like the guy who invented this) Makes all the old dos based games work like magic.