Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Palos

All your benchmarks are belong to us :)

uhhh, what does that have to do with anything?

One minute he is talking about some 12-year old kid ruining a game, the next he talks about "slowing down a system", yet he is showing us how to speed up a system.

Stupid story.

true, i use em to see if a tweak was better or worse

i liked wintune... simple and stable

it also included graphics so i could check right after i instal the newest nvidia drivers that come out every couple a hours

Just out of curiosity, where would I get a program like what he's talking about? I have no intention of cheating in online games (hell, I don't even play games online) I just think it can help me with something.

Quote:
How pi$$ed would you be if you spent weeks/months/years tweaking your system just so you can get that higher score,

How pathetic would your life be if you really did? ;(

I'll fool with a system a little bit now and then, but I'm not gonna bust my butt to tweak the hell out of it every waking moment. Not that I really have something better to do...

You want to read about people obsessed with Benchmarks?

Just take a look over at madonion.com

To see people, some apparently grown adults, fighting for "must get 40 more points" or "I need a new rig, this one only pulls in 8k points" is extremely comical.

If I've ever got a spare ten or fiteen minutes I like to browse there forums, I am convinced that all 90% of the people do over there is "play benchmarks" and don't actually use their machines for anything else.

"Roxxz I score 11,000 on 3DMark2001"

"Excellent, nice one, hay you played any good games on your PC recently?"

"What? You can play games on PC's now a days?"

hehe i browse there board every day, but never post. What you say is 100% true, thats exactly how they are.

Most ppl over there seem to be very young though, like there first pc..sorry "rig" shipped with windows 95 or later young smile

It just seems to be sort of, oh you can overclock your athlon by changing a bios settings so you must be a PC god mentality.

Hmm, I wonder what my first "rig" would have scored on 3DMark? That C64 really screamed!

Go ask that over at the madonion.com forums, they will probably tell you to install the via drivers laugh

Quote:

Go ask that over at the madonion.com forums, they will probably tell you to install the via drivers laugh

no doubt, haha. It's really stupid to listen to them.

Three words:

Get a life laugh