Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DOROTHY CARSON

Printers And Winxp

Any common printer manufactured in the last couple of years should be compatible with XP. If XP drivers aren't included on the CD that came with the printer, they should be available from the manufacturer's website.

If XP drivers aren't available, you'll probably be able to use the Windows 2000 drivers instead.

If that's not enough info, tell us the make and model of printer you're looking at, and one of us will try to help...

AndyF

PS - You may want to take CAPS LOCK off, some people consider it to be bad manners to type everything in capitals wink

The printer is Lexmark1020. I also have an HP Deskjet 697 which I have not tried as yet. I even downloaded the software from Lexmark to try to get it to work, but thus far no success. Did not realize that writing in caps was considered by some to be impolite. Sorry.

I do remember that my mother had a Lexmark printer that had no Win2K or XP support at all, and Lexmark's stance was that it never would. However, the HP should work.

Quote:

Did not realize that writing in caps was considered by some to be impolite. Sorry.

Generally it is considered to be yelling, especially with the larger font. This is why we bash the hell out of COBOL programmers...

wink

Well, it isn't half as annoying as those who put offers of FREE BEER/NEKID WOMEN PICS in the topic of their thread just to get some help. I open 'em up and nary a pic to be seen. frown

1. Which software did you download?

2. Is this for Win2000 or WinXP?

3. Do you know where your Device Manager is? Go there and verify that there are no exclamation marks or other yellow/red marks next to any devices.

4. Cables plugged in properly?