Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mr-frosty

tekram 390f problem

hi guys

I've had an IBM x230 server running a tekram 390f scsi card with default sysbios logic drivers for a few months now with no problems. This afternoon i decided to up the drivers to the correct tekram 390 drivers from there site.

After installation and reboot the server bsod with the error STOP DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO. Bugger me i though, this is the company's file server. So i tried to get the server back in safe mode to remove the tekram driver, but the same error?? started to sweat a bit by this time, so i tried last known good configuration??? Nope, still the same error.

The only way to get it back was to physically remove the card.

Now this gets me thinking? from the error i can deduce that its possibly a driver error (DOH) but also something to do with the IRQ of it possibly. But the card ran for a few months perfectly well.

Has anyone got any possible explaination for this? or had a very similar problem they could tell me about.

Thanking you guys in advance

Frosty!! smile

this lunchtime we retried the scsi card, and the server booted fine?? checked the system and noticed it loaded with the tekram drivers???

hopefully this has fixed the issue??

cheers anyway!!!!! smile

aahhhhh more bloody problems!!!!!!!! when the server was bought back up without the adic tape drive it worked fine? when it was re-connected with the tekram driver it bsod again.

So unconnected the adic drive booted up fine, went into device manager and uninstalled latest driver. came back to sysbois logic default driver, rebooted, and connected the tape drive and all works fine again>??????

A collegue has just checked the hardware compatibility list for w2k and tekram arn't there??

ahh well back to the drawing board!!!!!

frosty smile

we've just ordered an adaptec 2940, so i'll let you know how i get on when i install it next tuesday night!!!!!! smile