Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunny

SB Emulation in DOS?! and poll for best old school

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

For some reason it works in windows, but when I enter pure dos mode with my boot disk it won't work anymore, and I"m executing the same commands as the autoexec file is entering windows.

I don't understand. It seems to load and emulate and use the correct IRQs and DMAs, but when I enter the program to test the sound, it doesn't show any problems, but when I test the sound, nothing comes out and it's saying it is

I am totally confused frown

I got SB emulation to work (partially) but some of my old games require Pure dos I suppose because of not enough conventional memory at my best guess.

I really want to play Roadwarrior with sound! (Quarantine 2 to you old folks)

and Rex Nebular

OMG

I finally found that game smile

This is really testing the old grey cells... I haven't had to do this in years...

*digs around old backups*

From what I remember you have to run the CTCM.EXE program first and then one other program to enable to SB Emulation itself but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

Also, in your other post you mentioned you were running Windows ME. M$ prevents a lot of low level drivers running in MEs DOS to give the illusion that DOS doesn't exist (even though it does since ME is as much a 9x OS as 98 is) and I suspect thats part of your problem.