Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunny

For those that want to use headphones and maintain your EAX

Well my title is kind of deceiving, but what i worked out, was how to keep my 4 speaker independent sound, and use headphones at the same time (for those late night gaming sprees).

I feel smart for doing this even though it is horribly simple.

First you need a card with digital out, and a speaker set that supports digital input.

I have a Live X-Gamer(non 5.1) and the Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000 Digital.

If users of those 2 items combined may have realized, using just the digital out (without the analog inputs plugged in), you'll notice random bursts of static. But if you put in the Analog inputs at the same time, the static goes away and youc an maintain your digital sound by checking the box digital output only in your creative mixer.

Well you have to plug headphones into the front speaker output. Damn that means you'll have static right because you only have the digital out!

WRONG!. If you keep your rear output in, but take the front one out, and plug your headphones there, and tell the mixer to not put out digital only, then you can still have your front left, right, rear left, right, AND your headphones at the same time, AND minus the static!

I know many of you won't take much to this, but this has been a problem for me, as with many other tiny tiny problems that have yet to be solved.

To anyone that uses this, uh, Many cheers to you wink