Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jghurtado

Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro do not work at all(windows xp)

I just bough a computer with the following characteristics, I already have a Microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro (Game port)

The joystick doesn’t work at all in the new computer in games such as Microsoft Flith Simulator 2002 Professional Edition , but it is recognized in the game controller / Game options window.

On the article of Microsoft Knowledge Base Q294672, it says that SFF pro is not compatible when installed on a Microsoft windows 2000 based Computer.

Do you know if there is something that I could do? A patch?

Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz

512 MB Ram

Board Intel D850MV

AC97 Based onboard Sound Card

SoundMax

Windows XP

Profesional

Version 2002

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX

(Secundary Audio Board with game port)

CMI 8738/C3DX PCI audio Device

Sorry, the FF-Pro (1), being the Joystick...?

Works perfectly under both windows 2000 and XP as ive had it working under both via the gameport smile

Nothing special was required, just got it detected in the ctrl panel and after that it works ;(

Well all i can tell you is ive been using it since i first installed 2000, with no problems ;(

Show me where MS says it wont work smile

i actually called the customer support hotline (nfw huh?).

was using it under nt and they said it wouldnt work

thats when i went to w2k and got a usb jopystick.

Ok well 2000/XP, Sidewinder FF 1 Game Port definatly works. Just to clear that up laugh

Its ok, having looked at the KB article its specific to MS flight sim games and certain sound cards (mainly onboard :()

I mean you would have thought that out of all the games that would work with an MS Joystick under an MS OS, the FS games would work smile

Maybe a new Soundcard is in order frown

thats what i woulda thought too

i had (and still have) a sblive

this thing is old and crusty... could have been the problem

XP only supports the USB version of the sidewinder pro to my knowledge, is your USB? or serial...(game port)

they say this when u go to MS sidewinder and look for the software.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewinder/SWUpdate/default.asp#gameport

Windows XP compatibility for SideWinder game port devices

This section applies to you if you own one of the following SideWinder game port devices:

SideWinder Force Feedback Pro SideWinder Precision Pro

SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (game port version only) SideWinder Game Pad

SideWinder 3D Pro

The SideWinder software (version 3.02) included with these SideWinder game port devices is designed to work with Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows 98. If you have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the operating system includes device drivers for these game controllers listed above, so the device will function properly on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP. However, the accompanying SideWinder software (version 3.02 or any previous version) will not function, so you will not be able to create profiles for these devices using the SideWinder software on Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Microsoft is not planning to update the SideWinder software (version 3.02) for game port devices. [/list:u]